Re: Datatyping Summary

On 2002-01-31 0:19, "ext Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> At 16:37 30/01/2002 -0500, Frank Manola wrote:
>> Sorry, what do you mean by "extended n-triples representation"?
>
> In TDL, a literal is a pair.

No. In the TDL *MT* a literal is a pair. In TDL, the actual
model, a literal is a literal -- a string that may be interpreted
as a lexical form of some datatype, in the context of that
datatype.

Please let's keep this straight. If there's a problem with
the MT for TDL, fine, but that doesn't equate to a problem
with TDL (though I appreciate that the mathematicians may
only want to look at the MT and ignore what the MT is supposed
to be capturing).

Cheers,