Re: use/mention and reification

Dan Connolly wrote:

> Ugh... discussion diverges
> into metaphysics and philosophy.

Well, some of this is helpful in understanding what the issues are, but
I'd agree that it doesn't *necessarily* get us to an actual resolution.

> Here are the options I find acceptable:
>
> (a) Shoot reification on the grounds that
> there isn't consensus about what it means
> nor how to use it.
>
> (b) accept my proposal to clarify/change
> how it works, based on my implementation
> experience, DanBri's, and Jos's.

Could you summarize once again what that proposal (b) is?  I.e., say it
in a few sentences or paragraphs so we could say (say at a telecon) "yes
I agree with that statement of how reification ought to work" (or
disagree, assuming one feels that way)?  I don't think this request
constitutes a request for "advocacy" (on the other hand, nailing this
sucker would be worth a bit wouldn't it?)

--Frank