Re: use/mention and reification

At 07:56 23/01/2002 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
[...]

  That is:
>if there aren't a bunch of people out
>in the community who understand rdf:subject
>the way I do, then the well-known-name
>does me little good; I can just make
>up my own namespace.

Right.  We have two possible meanings of rdf:subject and we have to choose
which one rdf:subject means and leave the other one for a different vocabulary.

Dan's statement implies that the reification support in RDF/XML is of
little/no value to him, since he'd lose that switching to another
vocabulary.  Is that true of others supporting the 'object of rdf:subject
is a URI' position?

We have two different things to say and we could use two different
vocabularies to say it.  The things that distinguish the rdf:subject
vocabulary is:

   o there is syntactic support for it in rdf/xml
   o there are existing implementations.