Re: use/mention and reification

* Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com> [2002-01-22 10:15+0200]
> On 2002-01-21 21:00, "ext Dan Brickley" <danbri@w3.org> wrote:

> >> [...]
> >>
> >> Well, yes. That is: it becomes completely useless to me.
> >
> > For me too. I've used RDF's reification vocab to stuff one RDF graph
> > inside another to carry it thru RDF environments without the inner graph
> > content being asserted alongside the 'outer' graph. So I second DanC's
> > point.
>
> I don't see that a reified statement constitutes assertion, per the
> present treatment where subject, predicate, etc. denote the resource
> nodes bearing URI labels rather than URI literals.

to clarify:
I didn't say that reified statements are asserted; that would be contrary
to the letter and intent of M&S, not to mention common sense. I said that
I've been using reification as a mechanism for encoding RDF within RDF in
a non-asserted form. By 'inner graph' I meant the structure that is
encoded using rdf:Statement, rdf:predicate, rdf:object and rdf:subject.

[objections to a position I've never held snipped]

Sorry if my phrasing caused any confusion,

Dan