Re: Datatyping desiderata - take 3

On 2002-01-18 15:42, "ext Graham Klyne" <GK@NineByNine.org> wrote:

> - re-labelled the idioms A, B, C and D to reduce confusion about their
> being specific to proposals (but still acknowledging their origin in
> proposals).

My apologies if I appeared a bit difficult on this point. My
concern is simply that we need to distill the desiderda down
into trully fundamental expectations/requirements for the solution,
with as little (ideally no) forshadowing of any particular
proposal or approach -- otherwise we get into a tail wagging the
dog situation -- and it seemed to me that the idioms described (all
of them) need some degree of contextual understanding that is
beyond the scope of this document to provide.

I am satisfied, however, if the idioms simply reflect current
usage, with the relevant pointers (DAML+OIL, CC/PP, whatever),
such that if anyone is not clear on the meaning of the idioms,
they can refer to those references -- not to any of the proposals.

And in case I failed to say it earlier, thanks Graham for
the great job on the desiderada document!

Regards,