Re: Question about "cohabitation" of S idioms A and B

On 2002-01-10 21:42, "ext Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> At 18:50 10/01/2002 +0200, Patrick Stickler wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> But taking the first range statement into account along with
>> the statements about Jenny, we also now have the implication
>>
>>    _:1 rdf:type xsd:integer.lex .
>
> The first range statement being:
>
>   ex:age rdfs:range xsd:integer.lex .
>
> which is inconsistent with:
>
>   Jenny ex:age _:1 .
>   _:1 xsd:integer.map "22" .
>
> as the latter entails:
>
>   _:1 rdfs:type xsd:integer.val
>
> and the intersection of xsd:integer.lex and xsd:integer.val is empty.
>
> GIGO.

The examples I used were based on those given in Sergey's definition
of the A and B idioms. Perhaps there are errors there?

My very point was that if you use idiom A and B together, they get
in each other's way, or at least idiom B gets in the way of idiom A.

Thus, if the use of rdfs:range for idiom B is inconsistent with
knowledge expressed in idiom A, they cannot coexist in the same
knowledge base.