Re: Latest iteration of RDF Datatyping WD

On 2002-04-11 16:49, "ext Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> Patrick is "fully versed in XML 1.0".

;-)

> One minor point, you use local entity defs to simulate qnames in attr
> values.
>
> This is quite cute, but does go against this para in M&S:
>
> [[[
> Note: ... We also advise against relying on the use of entities as there is
> a proposal to define a future subset of XML that does not include
> user-defined entities.
> ]]]

Is this advice still valid? Is there still such a proposal?

Perhaps we can just disregard the latter part of this
paragraph as obsolete...  ;-)

> I am happy to drop the intent of this paragraph - that seems to be a
> corollary of Patrick being "fully versed in XML 1.0" :).

Well, I want to reflect a consensus of good practice in the WD (not
just my own personal view of what is good practice ;-) but it does
make for much more readable RDF I think. I use the practice of
namespace entities extensively in my own schemas and it is a great
boon to productivity and clarity.

Of course, I use vi to write XML and RDF, so I accept that my
tastes may be considered a bit odd...   ;-)