rdfs-no-cycles-in-subClassOf [was: Current Action List ...]

[this isn't about the action list, so I changed the subject]

Frank Manola wrote:

> Here's a proposal (or motion) wording: "to resolve issue
> rdfs-no-cycles-in-subClassOf by allowing cycles of subClassOf
> properties".  [If someone wants to further wordsmith that they are
> welcome to.]

I'd like test cases to be part of the decision record.
Hmm... I thought we had some, but the ones I'm
thinking of are for domain/range.

I suppose I can cook one up...

Here's the gist of it:

========
@prefix u: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>.
@prefix :
<http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfs-no-cycles-in-subClassOf/test001#>.

:A u:subClassOf :B.
:B u:subClassOf :A.

:X u:subClassOf :X. # tautology
========

Formally, it's in RDF/xml and RDF/ntriples:

http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfs-no-cycles-in-subClassOf/test001.rdf
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfs-no-cycles-in-subClassOf/test001.nt

For fun, here it is in KIF:
  [see http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/rdfx2kif.py]