Re: Working on glossary

On Tuesday, September 4, 2001, at 11:50  AM, Graham Klyne wrote:

> There seems to be this disconnect between resources on the web,
> identified by URIs (NOT URI-references), and RDF resources that
> can be identified by a URI+fragment identifier.

First Resources can be identified by URIs, but need not be. Just
because they don't have URIs doesn't mean that they aren't
Resources. (That's my understanding, at least.)

> I can see how real numbers fit into the latter case, but not
> the former.  Can you elucidate?

I don't understand that comment at all. How does adding a
fragment identifier make the URI-ref more or less able to
identify a real number?

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      |              The Semantic Web
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://logicerror.com/semanticWeb-long>