Re: Action: #rdfms-identity-anon-resources questions

Graham Klyne wrote:

> I think the assumption that the URI denotes a specific resource is somewhat
> empty if one has no other knowledge about the resource thus denoted.  As
> Pat pointed out, in this situation you can do no more than infer that such
> a resource exists.

If I use that resource twice, in one case I'd expect to use the same resource
twice, in the other, I could not have that expectation.

> >   o provenance: when a source of rdf states some properties about
> >     a resource named by a URI it is making assertions that the
> >     resource named by that URI has those properties.  when a source
> >     of rdf states properties about a variable, it is making no
> >     assertions about the name of that resource.
>
> The detailed form of the argument here depends a bit on whether one assumes
> that URIs:resources are 1:1, or if several URIs can identify the same
> resource.  But either way I assert that two URIs can ultimately refer to
> the same thing in the domain of interpretation.  Thus, assertions about a
> resource named by a uniquely-generated URI MAY be referring to a resource
> that is elsewhere known by a specified URI.  This seems to be the same as
> information that one has about a resource identified by a variable.

A sends signed rdf containing anon node to B.  It matters whether A or B
generates the URI.  If B generates it, A has not signed that name->resource
mapping.

Brian