Re: Detached signatures and HTTP Redirects

At 18:24 8/29/2000 +0000, Brian LaMacchia wrote:
>What should the verifier do in this case?  Should it:
>a) follow the redirect URL to get the content to feed into the set of
>transforms?

Ok, I added a sentence in section 4.3.3; the paragraph now reads:

XML Signature applications MUST be able to parse URI syntax. We RECOMMEND
they be able to dereference URIs in the HTTP scheme. Dereferencing a URI in
the HTTP scheme MUST comply with the Status Code Definitions of [HTTP]
(e.g., 302, 305 and 307 redirects are followed to obtain the entity-body of
a 200 status code response).

Martin, you suggested the following:

If a resource is identified by more than one URI, the most specific should
be used (e.g. http://www.w3.org/2000/06/interop-pressrelease.html.en instead
of http://www.w3.org/2000/06/interop-pressrelease). (See the section
3.2.1:Reference Validation for a further information on reference processing.)

but given the above, is this where a few URLs are known by the application,
or where this is an HTTP 300 Mutliple Choices response?