Re: New proposed fix for here()

In message "Re: New proposed fix for here()"
    on 00/08/17, "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <dee3@torque.pothole.com> writes:
> I believe there is a desire from eCheck and presumably similar
> protocols to be able to sign things relative to where the signature
> element is.  This relates to composite documents formed from
> pre-existing XMLD documents where you can't depend on using IDs
> because they might conflict in the documents combined to make the
> composite result.

Ok.

The problem is only for a reference to the signature itself.
So, how about adding another Reference element?
For instance,

<!ELEMENT SelfReference (Transforms?, DigestMethod, DigestValue)>
  <!-- The same content as Reference -->
<!ATTLIST SelfReference
          OmitSignature (all|this) #IMPLIED
          XPath  CDATA #IMPLIED
          Id     ID    #IMPLIED
          Type   CDATA #IMPLIED >

- Remove enveloped-signature transofrm
- here() is available only in XPath attribute, and removed from XPath transform.
- Reference is not changed.

(I guess this is an incomplete proposal)

--
TAMURA Kent @ Tokyo Research Laboratory, IBM