From: w3c-ietf-xmldsig-request@w3.org
[mailto:w3c-ietf-xmldsig-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Ed Simon
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2000 9:28 AM
To: 'w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org'; 'ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk'
Subject: RE: XSL Transform

Joseph wrote:
If we wanted to do what you are speaking of we'd use a declaration below (I
think). However, XSLT [1] didn't provide a schema anyway and consequently
there might be some other tricks we could do, but seems too complicated for
the derived benefit...

Ed responds:
If we can enforce, to a reasonable degree, that XSLT <Transform>s indeed
have
a <stylesheet> root element, then I think the derived benefits of
interoperability more than outweigh the cost of two or three more lines in
the schema.  (It would certainly be nice is XSLT did provide a schema and
I hope they do in their next Recommendation version.)