RE: XSL Transform

At 12:28 7/26/2000 -0400, Ed Simon wrote:
 >Ed responds:
 >If we can enforce, to a reasonable degree, that XSLT <Transform>s indeed
 >have
 >a <stylesheet> root element, then I think the derived benefits of
 >interoperability more than outweigh the cost of two or three more lines in
 >the schema.

I'm not sure how to. I was thinking we could define our own XSLT root and
pretend its of the XSLT namespace, or even create our own schema stub with
the root node defined and everything else open (so we don't have to recreate
a whole schema). But, I'd be happier with some prose in that section stating
a recommendation over the content. So if you want to propose some prose or
clever schema tricks, please do so. <smile>

 > (It would certainly be nice is XSLT did provide a schema and
 >I hope they do in their next Recommendation version.)

The XSLT spec is littered with comments saying they plan to next time around.