RE: XSL Transform

At 17:29 7/25/2000 -0400, Ed Simon wrote:
 >4.  There is no reason why an XSLT transform in an XML Signature should not
 >have a root element of
 ><stylesheet xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
 >and contain complete, valid XSLT stylesheets.
 >
 >5.  Schemas allow us to enforce point 4.  Enforcing point 4 will make it
 >that
 >much easier to achieve point 3.

As an aside, the use of ANY has the implied default of
processContents='strict'. This may be approriate in specific instances (like
XSLT) however I think it's a bit too strict for everything in general. So I
propose we move towards <any ...  processContents='lax' ...> in things like
Transorms, Object, PGPData, SPKIData, etc.

 >The problem with the <any> element is that even if the namespace attribute
 >is "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform", it does not
 >enforce that the child element is <stylesheet> so it could be quite
possible
 >to have

That is true: "Any well-formed XML from any namespace (default)"

If we wanted to do what you are speaking of we'd use a declaration below (I
think). However, XSLT [1] didn't provide a schema anyway and consequently
there might be some other tricks we could do, but seems too complicated for
the derived benefit...

<schema targetNamespace='&dsig;'
   version='0.1'
   xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema'
   xmlns:ds='&dsig;'
   elementFormDefault='qualified'
   xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <!--Simon-->
 <import namespace='http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform'/> <!--Reagle-->

  <element name='Transform'>
    <complexType content='mixed'>
      <choice minOccurs='1' maxOccurs='unbounded'>
        <any namespace='##other' minOccurs='0' maxOccurs='unbounded'/>
        <element name='Xpath' type='string'/>
        <element ref="xsl:stylesheet"/>    <!--  Simon-->
      </choice>
      <attribute name='Algorithm' type='uriReference' use='required'/>
    </complexType>
  </element>
__

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xslt-19991116