RE: Canonicalization

Example 2 below is incorrect for the W3C Canonicalization draft.  It very
explictly states that the default name space is NEVER used.  Thus listing 2
is very wrong as it uses the default name space.

If you think about it it makes sense as the canonicalization algorithm needs
to make sure that all three of the following produce the same output:

<digsig:Signature xmlns:digsig="http://www.w3.org/Signature/core-19991020">
  <digsig:SignedInfo>
  </digsig:SignedInfo>
</digsig:Signature>

<Signature xmlns="http://www.w3.org/Signature/core-19991020">
  <SignedInfo>
  </SignedInfo>
<Signature>

<a1:Signature xmlns:a1="http://www.w3.org/Signature/core-19991020">
  <a2:SignedInfo xmlns:a2="http://www.w3.org/Signature/core-19991020">
  </a2:SignedInfo>
</a1:Signature>

These are all "the same" in XML and thus need to produce the same hash
value.

jim