RE: Publication of Working Draft / IETF-Draft

Greg,

Its on hold pending pending a stable c14n algorithm to point to.  The candidate
algorithms proposed to mandate (DOM-CANON, minimal, W3C) are all moving targets
so it would be premature to pick one (and potentially delay closure on the
spec).  I think it makes sense to revisit this once there's more progress in
the c14n arena.  Personally, I also would prefer a mandatory to implement
default to a fixed algorithm, just in case.

Dave

http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/WD-xmldsig-core-19991020.html
http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/draft-ietf-xmldsig-core-00.txt

XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://w3.org/People/Reagle/