From: David Burdett [mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com]
Sent: October 8, 1999 1:37 PM
To: 'Ed Simon'; 'w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org'
Subject: RE: First cut at what should say about requiring XSLT

Just a thought on Ed's comment that "resources such as XSLT libraries may
not be readily available nor needed by XML Signature implmentations".

There's work going on in the area of registries and repositories (see
http://www.xml.org) that should enable on-line dynamic access to XSLT or
other resources. This should mean that the appropriate transformation
information should be available dynamically.

It should also mean that if an application chooses, the stylesheet could be
indpendently included as an "ObjectReference" to support checking that the
correct transformation was actually applied.

Thoughts?

David