The state of 'afs' URi scheme

From: Mykyta Yevstifeyev <evnikita2@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 08:17:41 +0200
To: URI <uri@w3.org>
Dear all,

Let me briefly summarize all the comments on 'afs' URI scheme. Firstly,
those referring to OpenAFS, forget that AFS is not only network service,
but just file system. If we move this scheme to historic, there will be
no harm to those who use it. Moreover, I should repeat here that moving
the scheme to Historic does not mean restricting them to be used. If
smbd still uses it, they will continue to do this. But it's impossible,
as there is no clients for AFS as *network service*.

I personally think we should move it to Historic to indicate it is not
used among the Internet and is outdated. So what we decide on 'afs' URI
scheme?

All the best,
Mykyta Yevstifeyev