Re: The state of 'afs' URi scheme

From: Mykyta Yevstifeyev <evnikita2@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 14:03:12 +0200
To: URI <uri@w3.org>, "uri-review@ietf.org" <uri-review@ietf.org>, "apps-discuss@ietf.org" <apps-discuss@ietf.org>
Hello all,

I'd like to resume the discussion on 'afs' URI scheme by citing RFC 4395:

> In some circumstances, it is appropriate to note a URI scheme that
>    was once in use or registered but for whatever reason is *no longer in
>    common use* or the use is not recommended.  In this case, it is
>    possible for an individual to request that the URI scheme be
>    registered (newly, or as an update to an existing registration) as
>    'historical'.  Any scheme that is no longer in common use MAY be
>    designated as historical; the registration should contain some
>    indication to where the scheme was previously defined or documented.

So there is a sense in moving this scheme to Historical category since
it fully matches to these guidelines.  Therefore I do not consider such
action as inappropriate for the 'afs' URI scheme.

Any other thoughts as for this?

All the best,
Mykyta Yevstifeyev