Re: uriparser 0.6.2 released

From: Michael A. Puls II <shadow2531@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 17:34:45 -0500
To: "Sebastian Pipping" <webmaster@hartwork.org>
Cc: uriparser-devel@lists.sourceforge.net, uri@w3.org

On 2/8/08, Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@hartwork.org> wrote:
> Michael A. Puls II wrote:
> > I'd like to build this with < http://nuwen.net/mingw.html >. Could you
> > produce a makefile for it so that I can just do "make -f mingw.mak" to
> > build the lib? Or, just the command to build it?
>
> Actually I cannot produce such a Makefile easily.

If I put the following in the uriparser lib directory, I can do
"mingw32-make -f Mingw.mak" and all the objects will build and
liburiparser.a will be produced.

Mingw.mak:

CC = gcc
OBJECTS = UriCommon.o UriCompare.o UriEscape.o UriFile.o UriIp4.o
UriIp4Base.o UriNormalize.o UriNormalizeBase.o UriParse.o
UriParseBase.o UriRecompose.o UriResolve.o UriShorten.o
CFLAGS = -Wall -Wextra -O3 -s

liburiparser.a: $(OBJECTS)
	$(CC) $(CFLAGS) --shared $(OBJECTS) -o liburiparser.a

%.o : %.c
	$(CC) $(CFLAGS) "-I..\include" -c $<

clean:
	del $(OBJECTS) liburiparser.a

However, I don't know makefiles enough and I'm not sure if the
liburiparser.a command is correct.

But, the idea looks promising. Maybe you could sort out the rest?

Thanks

--
Michael