RE: Comments about URI Templates

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:00:48 -0500
To: <uri@w3.org>

James M Snell wrote:

>> There is tension between a) making URI Templates as flexible and
expressive as possible and b) keeping URI Templates as simple as possible.
It turns out that it's quite hard to do both.

Thanks.  You did notice I acknowledged the likely desire to keep scope small
at the end of my comments...?
(that's a rhetorical question, no need to reply.)

>> It means you can use any character in the "unreserved" set as defined by
RFC 3986.

Ah, so much to learn!  Now that I understand the meaning of "unreserved," it
makes more sense to me.  Thanks.

-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/
http://www.welldesignedurls.org/