RE: URI Template Status?

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:09:36 -0500
To: <uri@w3.org>

James M Snell wrote:

>> > Also, can you clarify what's required for "two demonstratably
>> > interoperable implementations?"
>> >
>> Two independent code bases that implement the spec in a consistent way
with no significant interoperability issues. e.g. both should be able to
take the same URI template and produce the same result.

I assume that the code could be commercial code licensed for a fee, or does
it have to be open-source and freely available?

Also, does it matter what language and/or platform it would need to be
written on?

-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/
http://www.welldesignedurls.org/

P.S. I'm asking because I know at least one vendor who might be willing to
implement