Re: RFC2396bis wording, opinions?

Tony Hammond wrote:
> I thought there were two actually terms in use: 'internet' and 'Internet'.
> An 'internet' is any telecom system of interconnected networks (e.g. an
> intranet). The 'Internet' is just one particular instance of a rather public
> 'internet' - pretty big one, mind. But just one instance, nevertheless.

Roy must be burying his head in his hands now. The level pedantry we
all demonstrate must be staggering :)

So, you are suggesting leaving the new text as-is, and just lowercasing the
"I" in "Internet"? I wouldn't do that.

There being a difference between 'an internet' and 'the Internet' I can
appreciate even without any cited references because I'm a big nerdy geek, but
this is a pending _Internet_ Engineering Task Force _Internet_-Draft we're
talking about improving, here. Almost everyone reading the spec would not
think to interpret "internet-accessible objects" any differently than
"Internet-accessible objects".

You also seem to assert that an intranet is a type of internet. The inter- and
intra- prefixes are typically used in a mutually exclusive fashion; the the
latter can't be a subclass of the former.
http://www.bartleby.com/68/58/3358.html