URI scheme listing for doi

From: Paskin, Norman (DOI-ELS) <n.paskin@doi.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 16:22:21 +0100
To: "'uri@w3.org'" <uri@w3.org>
Cc: "'doi-twg@doi.org'" <doi-twg@doi.org>

Further to my 2 September note to the list (Subject: DOI and the non-IETF
tree) I'd like to request that "DOI" be added to the "Informal list of URIs
maintained by http://www.w3.org/Addressing/schemes.html, which states "This
is (an attempt at) an exhaustive list of URI schemes. We try to list them
all, whether they're standard or not".

Pending the outcome of a resubmission of the DOI as URI either within or
outside the IETF tree as noted in the Sept 2 note, I'd like to ask that
"DOI" be reserved on that list for this scheme, "Digital Object Identifier".
An appropriate link to documentation will be made on resubmission of the
draft.

Norman Paskin
International DOI Foundation