Re: mailserver: vs. expanded mailto: URL

From: <Harald.T.Alvestrand@uninett.no>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 13:54:15 +0100
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Cc: asg@severn.wash.inmet.com, uri@bunyip.com
Note that any system which sends mail without a manual check first
is, IMHO, dangerous.
So I certainly hope implementors of both mailto: and mailserver: URLs
do this stuff carefully....

The discussion has at least proved (to me) that it would be a Good Thing
to have someone <volunteers queue to the left, please..> write up some
guidelines for how mailto: should be implemented.

            Harald