Re: mid and cid URLs

Al Gilman (asg@severn.wash.inmet.com)
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 09:08:53 -0500 (EST)

From: asg@severn.wash.inmet.com (Al Gilman)
Subject: Re: mid and cid URLs
To: masinter@parc.xerox.com (Larry Masinter)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 09:08:53 -0500 (EST)
Cc: uri@bunyip.com

To follow up on what Larry Masinter said ...

  Why are you arguing this?

I only gave you the theory side in the previous response.  The
applied side is that I have over the last two years been working
with various group processes which use a mix of HTTP and email
communication.  It's better than not doing it, but the gaps in
capability are visible when you try to do it for real.  To make
the overall process work better, there is a need for various
other headers, beyond "subject," to be able to be preset [modulo
user verification] in a "Mailto:" URL.

Everything you need to do for document retrieval from mailbot
is covered in a systematic solution to this larger, real, need.

Al