Re: Turtle update (was Re: RDF Syntaxes 2.0)

From: Dave Beckett <dave@dajobe.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 08:31:20 -0800
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com>
CC: Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>, Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>
Andy Seaborne wrote:
> What woudl be nice is to iron out the differences in the details e.g. of
> prefixed names between SPARQL, Turtle and N3.  Then we have a set of
> basic terms for UIR, literal, prefixed name and bnodes on which to build
> various synatxes like TriG, N-quads+prefixes, Turtle, and also use such
> terms in non-RDF formats like TSV.

We could try but I think there might be a clash in
- what XML Namespaces spec allows (including Unicode issues)
- backwards compatibility with N3, Turtle especially around '.'s and integer
decimals

I did summarize some of this in the Turtle doc in section 10 for SPARQL

http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/2008/SUBM-turtle-20080114/#sec-diff-sparql

but I haven't looked at what the latest RDFa CURIES (is that the name)
allows

Dave