Re: Turtle update (was Re: RDF Syntaxes 2.0)

Hugh Glaser wrote:
> I am hoping that my proposal to make Turtle ',' syntax compatible with N3
> might find its way there for future consideration.
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cwm-talk/2008JulSep/0002.html

That's allowing optional commas at ends of lists.  Seems do-able

> It would be good if N3 documents were also Turtle documents.

That's not the goal of Turtle to be a superset of N3.  Turtle is to express
the RDF graph, not cwm's datamodel.  That includes other concepts such as
formulas (formulae?) which aren't quite named graphs, plus has other syntax
sugar that I think are interesting but I see as over the bar of what is
necessary while remaining easy to understand.  Yes this is a criticism
of N3, but if I thought N3 was the full answer, I wouldn't have come up with
Turtle!

Dave