Re: Functions to be included in the list for discussion in our future weekly meetings

Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@gmail.com> writes:
> I would like to see these discussed:
>
> * map:with-default()  (initially proposed by Michael Kay in
>  https://github.com/qt4cg/qtspecs/issues/105)
> * fn:ranks(), from https://github.com/qt4cg/qtspecs/issues/150

I thought that we agreed[1] to discuss the functions proposed in the
current drafts before discussing new functions. That’s not to suggest
that we can’t change our minds, of course.

> WRT our dependency sorting, can we discuss with high priority and
> approve the XPath 4.0 variadic functions, so that immediately after
> that we could typically describe not N overloads of a proposed
> function, but just a single signature containing keyword arguments
> with defaults?

I’ve added it to the agenda.

> Also, some of the functions to be discussed that are included in the
> current list/checklist, depend on using a compare() function /
> strategy. This makes all of them dependent on having first discussed
> and approved fn:deep-equal(options). Therefore, could we move
> fn:deep-equal(options) considerably higher in the list, so that it
> precedes all such functions that are dependent on a compare()
> function/strategy?

Also on the agenda.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm