Re: Functions to be included in the list for discussion in our future weekly meetings

On Sun, Sep 25, 2022 at 10:39 AM Norm Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:

> Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@gmail.com> writes:
> > I would like to see these discussed:
> >
> > * map:with-default()  (initially proposed by Michael Kay in
> >  https://github.com/qt4cg/qtspecs/issues/105)
> > * fn:ranks(), from https://github.com/qt4cg/qtspecs/issues/150
>
> I thought that we agreed[1] to discuss the functions proposed in the
> current drafts before discussing new functions. That’s not to suggest
> that we can’t change our minds, of course.

Sorry, I meant to include these functions in the document:
https://github.com/qt4cg/qtspecs/blob/master/editorial/functions-checklist.pdf
,not to move them before other functions. As we already did with  fn:op(),
which was not originally on the list.

> > WRT our dependency sorting, can we discuss with high priority and
> > approve the XPath 4.0 variadic functions, so that immediately after
> > that we could typically describe not N overloads of a proposed
> > function, but just a single signature containing keyword arguments
> > with defaults?
>
> I’ve added it to the agenda.

Thanks Norm !

> > Also, some of the functions to be discussed that are included in the
> > current list/checklist, depend on using a compare() function /
> > strategy. This makes all of them dependent on having first discussed
> > and approved fn:deep-equal(options). Therefore, could we move
> > fn:deep-equal(options) considerably higher in the list, so that it
> > precedes all such functions that are dependent on a compare()
> > function/strategy?
>
> Also on the agenda.

Thanks again.

> [1] https://qt4cg.org/meeting/minutes/2022/09-20.html#org75a1e88
>
> --
> Norman Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
> https://nwalsh.com/
>
> > Thou shalt not pray to Zeus for things your usual god would laugh at.

 Thanks,
Dimitre