Re: Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2004 October 13

Paul Grosso a écrit :
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Oct/0004
>
> CONSENSUS to go with Glenn's words (with Paul's commas).
>

>>ACTION to François:  Make this a PE.
>

> ACTION to Francois:  Put Glenn's words into a 2 week countdown.

Done, see [7].

I didn't put Glenn's exact words, however, as I found reading them that
they implied that character data includes PIs, comments and even child
elements.  What I ended up recording is the following:

3. The declaration matches Mixed<add>,</add> and the content (after
replacing any entity references with their replacement text) consists of
character data <add>(including CDATA sections)</add>, comments, PIs and
child elements whose types match names in the content model.

4. The declaration matches ANY, and the content (after replacing any
entity references with their replacement text) consists of character
data<add>, CDATA sections, comments, PIs</add> and child elements whose
types have been declared.

I hope that this is acceptable and that I got the commas right.  I also
added a rationale, which I'd appreciate being reviewed before publishing:

Rationale
    The spec was not clear that CDATA sections, comments and PIs may
occur in elements with content models Mixed and ANY. Section 2.5 says
that "Comments MAY appear anywhere in a document outside other markup".
Section 2.7 says that "CDATA sections MAY occur anywhere character data
may occur". The case for PIs is a little bit less clear, but is
supported by the wording for Mixed in this VC, by the equal treatment of
PIs and Comments in productions [27] Misc and [29] markupdecl, as well
as by widespread practice.

--
François