Re: excellent diagram in spec

On 29 Nov 2011, at 21:24, Peter Williams wrote:

> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/
>

> for the first time, the diagram in 2.3 tells the (fuller) story. Now one can see the way in which the URIs work together, being both profile and resources udner the control of the user described by the profile, as does the foaf:knows link data graph. This give me a private forest oncept, and it gives me a notion that a /protected/ (virtual) endpoint can induce someone to be challenged on opening an authentication guard at a protected resource, to show they are known.
>
> The mechanisms are not in the scope, but the issues are. That diagram tells the wider story, in which the validation protocol fits. And, it tells is "naturally" and effortlessly, with URIs.

Thanks Peter,

I really think this spec has made great progress in the last week, thanks to your precise and detailed criticism and positive feedback from everybody. There is some way to go still of course, but I think we do have a huge improvement over the previous versions.  The trick is to work from a good conceptual angle, but always with the feet on the ground of code, spec diffs and interoperability.

We still need a much better introduction, and much more... But well I think we should celebrate a bit :-) I bought a bottle of wine. Cheers all!