Re: Question: User Story -- Bootstrapping Facebook

Henry Story wrote:
> On 10 Feb 2011, at 11:08, László Török wrote:
>
>> Ultimately, there are three questions for facebook here:
>>  - would you ever allow users to sign in to facebook using webid(s)?
>>  - would you ever allow people to use their facebook uri as a webid?
>>  - would you publish users profile data (subject to their privacy settings) in a machine readable way, at the profile uri?
>>
>> Probably implicit, but: Would Fb let me publich my public key as part of my profile? Could that be made public (without signing in)?
>
> None of these are technical questions. I don't see how we can answer them here.

They're examples of questions we need to be asking to ensure we make the
right design and technical decisions.

The primary usage of identification, auth* and profiles on the web is in
the social sector, facebook are the biggest player in that sector.

To ask facebook, and the other key players in the scoial space, about
their design, deployment and compatibility considerations makes perfect
sense, in fact I'd say we'd be mad not to.

If we can't get the answers to these questions here, then we can't make
what the web needs.

Best,

Nathan