From: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ws-policy-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Paul Cotton
Sent: November 29, 2006 2:49 PM
To: David Orchard
Cc: public-ws-policy@w3.org
Subject: WSDL 1.1 element identifiers review

Review based on current document in CVS:

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/wsdl11elementidentifiers.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8

I think these are all editorial comments.

/paulc

1. Front page material

I expect we will actually publish this as a W3c Working Group Draft not as a W3C Note.  The Status section should indicate that we plan to finalize it as a Note (see below).

2. Status section

Replace the status section with the following:

This section describes the status of this document at the time of its publication. Other documents may supersede this document. A list of current W3C publications and the latest revision of this technical report can be found in the W3C technical reports index<http://www.w3.org/TR/> at http://www.w3.org/TR/.

This is the First Public Working Draft<http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process/tr.html#first-wd> of the Web Services Policy 1.5 - Framework specification. This Working Draft was produced by the members of the Web Services Policy Working Group<http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/>. The Working Group expects to advance this Working Draft to Note Status when the content is stable. Note that this Working Draft does not necessarily represent a consensus of the Working Group.

Discussion of this document takes place on the public public-ws-policy@w3.org<mailto:public-ws-policy@w3.org> mailing list (public archive<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/>) and within Bugzilla<http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=WS-Policy&component=Framework&component=Framework%2BAttachment&component=Framework%2BAttachment%2BPrimer>. Comments on this specification should be made following the Description for Issues<http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#issues> of the Working Group.

Publication as a Working Draft does not imply endorsement by the W3C Membership. This is a draft document and may be updated, replaced or obsoleted by other documents at any time. It is inappropriate to cite this document as other than work in progress.

This document was produced by a group operating under the 5 February 2004 W3C Patent Policy<http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/>. W3C maintains a public list of any patent disclosures<http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/39293/status> made in connection with the deliverables of the group; that page also includes instructions for disclosing a patent. An individual who has actual knowledge of a patent which the individual believes contains Essential Claim(s)<http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/#def-essential> must disclose the information in accordance with section 6 of the W3C Patent Policy<http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/#sec-Disclosure>.

3. Abstract

Change "This document" to "WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers".

4. Table of Contents

Remove Section 4.2 here in the TOC and later in the document since it is currently empty.

5. Section 2 Fragment Identifiers

There are two hyperlinks marked as "???" in the fourth paragraph.  Please fix these.

6. Rules for determining pointer parts for WSDL 1.1 elements

The Pointer Part column uses italics to indicate variables to be substituted inconsistently.  The "Type Definition" row uses italics for "type" in the Pointer Part column: "wsdl11.types(types)" but this style is not used in the rest of the rows.

7. Section 3 IRI-References for WSDL 1.1 Elements

Change "This Appendix" to "This section".

8. Section 2 Fragment Identifiers

Add a hyperlink to the WSDL 1.1 reference in the first sentence ("This section defines a fragment identifier syntax for identifying elements of a WSDL 1.1 document").

9. Section 3.1 3.1 WSDL 1.1 IRIs

a) Unclear reference to WSDL 1.1 media type

"If the media type is set to the WSDL 1.1 media type"

I think this sentence is not clear since the WSDL 1.1 specification does not specify a media type for WSDL 1.1 documents.  I think this should be reworded to something like the following: "If the media type is set to the WSDL 1.1 media type i.e. application+xml".

b) Awkward wording

Change the following sentence:

"In keeping with the WSDL 1.1, which has a recommendation that that the namespace URI be dereferencible to a WSDL 1.1 document, this appendix specifies the use of the namespace IRI with the WSDL 1.1 fragment identifiers to form an IRI-reference."

to the following:

"In keeping with WSDL 1.1, which has a recommendation that the namespace URI be dereferencible to a WSDL 1.1 document, this section specifies the use of the namespace IRI with the WSDL 1.1 fragment identifiers to form an IRI-reference."

c) "???" hyperlink

There is a hyperlink marked as "???".  Please fix this.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada

Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329

mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com