Re: NEW ISSUE: Change optional example from MTOM to security (Guidelines and Primer)

Okay, I feel I was wrong on one issue. I believe the consumer can
decide to change whenever they wish.

But if a consumer doesn't indicate the ability/desire to use MTOM
then how could the provider send it? The provider is advertising the
alternatives not the consumer.

Consider a store that advertises that they take US dollars and Euros.
If I hand in US dollars I expect to receive my change in US dollars
not Euros.  (Excluding the exceptional case of you having no US
dollar change)

I just don't think it's fair to force an alternative on a consumer if
they didn't choose that alternative. Now if there is a away for the
consumer to specify their capabilities then that's a different issue
- perhaps an exchange of policies.

Am I missing something?

Perhaps MTOM becomes so popular and wide spread that your scenario is
exactly right, (i..e. the capability is expected) but in the mean
time ....

William