Re: ISSUE: Minor renaming on interaction exchange type field

Gary Brown wrote:

>(Possibly something that can be resolved on tonights issues discussion,
>without having to raise a bugzilla)
>
>When a type is referenced in most places in the CDL language, the attribute
>is called 'informationType' - to maintain a level of abstraction above the
>type system actually being used.
>
>However, the 'exchange' part of the 'interaction' construct has an attribute
>'messageContentType'. Although this name identifies the fact that a message
>is being transferred, it was not clear whether this was an informationType
>or could be an XML schema type. Only by looking at the example did I see
>that it referred to an informationType.
>
>Therefore I would propose that this attribute should be changed to
>'informationType' for clarity purposes. I don't think this would detract
>from the meaning of the type field, as it is part of an element called
>'exchange' which implies information is being exchanged, and the element
>contains a 'send' and 'receive' variable definition.
>
>Regards
>Gary

mm1: Gary, we discussed this in part at the F2F in August. The
messageContentType attribute includes more than the informationType.
Reference in Section 2.5.2.4:

"The messageContentType attribute, of within the exchange element,
identifies the
informationType or the channelType of the information that is exchanged
between the two Roles in an Interaction."

There are some open discussion items related to this that were also
raised in the F2F. Nick Kavantzas can provide more details. Thank you.