Re: CR20 proposal (consistent wording)

Jonathan Marsh wrote:

> Dave,
>

> Perhaps it's just me, but the sense of what we're trying to say gets
> lost by the time you're crafted it into a proposal.
>

> 3.5.1 looks accurate, but starts the reader on a treasure hunt instead
> of directly giving them the answer to this question.

If you don't like the indirection, take it out.  Say "in a request
message" instead talking about "except when required ...".  Same
difference as far as I'm concerned.

>   3.5.2 seems to apply restrictions to SOAP request-response beyond
> the desired definition of the HTTP binding.

3.5.2 discusses SOAP 1.2 in terms of SOAP 1.2.  It still allows for the
change in the rules for HTTP behavior (from undefined to explicitly
disallowing anonymous for requests).  It just applies those changes
consistently.  As I understand it, the logic behind the change in HTTP
is that anonymous should be disallowed because there's an address
available, and anonymous is meant for cases where there isn't one.  If
that's right, then (by that logic) anonymous should be disallowed in
/any/ request in the SOAP 1.2 request-response.  You can't define
request-response without having an address for the request (i.e.,
.../ImmediateDestination).