Re: TIBCO objects to last call (resend)

David Orchard wrote:

> I'm not sure that there is a single correct way to specify new MEPs.

Thus the existence of standards.  A standard that talks about composing
interactions from basic one-way messaging is explicitly playing in this
space.

> Why would I want to prevent nodes from doing a variety of options
> isn't clear to me.
>

> I'm not prepared to go to more effort to prove something that I
> believe in.  You think I (or somebody else) should prove the
> extensibility works.  I think it's up to any issue raiser to prove
> there's an issue.

At this point there's a very obvious issue:  Despite repeated calls over
a period of weeks, no one has been able to produce a concrete
description of how to handle any MEP other than those described in the
WSDL binding document.  If you can't do it, I understand, not a
problem.  If no one else in the group can do it either, I'm more
concerned.  I still find it hard to believe that no one here is able to
produce such a description, but the clear evidence of the last few weeks
is that it's not actually as easy as asserted.  Why else would no one
have done it by now?

>   I don't think there is an issue.
>

> I do think we now understand each other, and given that I'm not
> prepared to do the work you want me to do, and you're not prepared to
> do the work I want you to do, we're probably done.
>

> I'm comfortable in taking a vote on going to LC next week.

If you're comfortable with leaving questions like "How does this spec
relate to other specs?", "How would extensibility work?" and "What does
the charter require?" open after last call, I don't suppose I can stop you.

I'll repeat that if we do go directly to Last Call, TIBCO Software, Inc
will formally object on the basis of i054, inviting other participants
to join in the objection. TIBCO Software, Inc may also file objections
on other grounds.  We would prefer not to see this specification in last
call multiple times, and so would prefer to see issues addressed before
it enters last call the first time.  Moving to Last Call with serious
open issues raised by members of the working group seems, to us,
pointless and contrary to the intent of Last Call.