RE: TIBCO objects to last call (resend)

David,

I am sympathetic to your concerns.  I have a particular interest in
ensuring that extensibility by 3rd parties is enabled for a large
variety of scenarios.  I respect the amount of work that you have done
in articulating the concerns you have.

However, I think that you have not done the right work in this regard.
To me, the "smoking gun" for not going to last call is a scenario where
the MAPs are not extensible.  You have listed a variety of scenarios,
but you haven't proven that a single one of those cannot be covered with
WS-A + extensibility.  As you are a smart fellow, this seems surprising
to me.

I don't think that the burden of proof should be upon people like myself
to prove that the MAPs are extensible.  I'm pretty convinced they are,
as we have used these in other specifications like WS-ReliableMessaging
and WS-Eventing, and I'm sure you have in WS-Notification.  Given that
there is existent use of WS-A in broader MEPs, I really do think that a
"smoking gun" is required to hold up last call.

If you had provided a concrete scenario that extends the MAPs and showed
how the spec was not extensible/broken, I would be totally with you in
not going to LC.

As it stands, your comments are specific and worthy questions, but do
not show to me anything that should prevent us from saying "Dear Larger
Community (pun on LC), we think we are done, did we goof up anywhere?".

Cheers,

Dave

  _____