Re: Charter requirements [was: Process requirements for going to Last Call]

On Mar 15, 2005, at 5:27 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:

>> The deliverables for the SOAP 1.1 and WSDL 1.1 bindings must include
>> language that the bindings are defined for backward compatibility
>> only. [20]
>
> Marc/Gudge, I thought we'd done this -- I don't see anything in the
> SOAP Binding doc. Am I missing it?

 From the intro so the SOAP binding:

"WS-Addressing is conformant to the SOAP 1.2 [SOAP 1.2 Part 1:
Messaging Framework] processing model and is also compatible with SOAP
1.1[SOAP 1.1] for backwards compatibility."

 From the intro to the WSDL binding:

"WS-Addressing is designed to be able to work with WSDL  2.0 [WSDL 2.0]
and also (for backwards compatibility with WSDL 1.1  [WSDL 1.1]
described services."

Did we need anything more ?

Marc.

---