Re: What, if anything, comes back on the HTTP reply if fault is non-default?

Jonathan Marsh wrote:

> Doesn't the binding of SOAP to an underlying transport such as HTTP
> answer that question?

I don't think so, at least not yet.  The SOAP/HTTP binding describes
POST/response (and plain response with GET or other request mechanism).
The cases described don't fit into this.  They have a one-way request
and a one-way fault (or response) to an unrelated endpoint.  They would,
however, be covered by Dave Orchard's SOAP one-way proposal, which (I
believe) calls for a 2xx response to complete a one-way.

It's an interesting case.  If there is a fault, the behavior is
basically two correlated one-ways.  If not, it should act like a regular
SOAP/HTTP request/reply (which is still two correlated one-ways, but
HTTP is doing the correlation).