RE: Problems with the SOAP binding

Just realized that this does not look like a name=value type thingy as
usual refp's are...oh well!!

-----Original Message-----
From: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Srinivas,
Davanum M
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 5:01 PM
To: Rich Salz; public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Subject: RE: Problems with the SOAP binding

Rich,

Am thinking aloud here...so bear with me. If you see Scenario #2 in
OASIS WSS Interop [1]. I can easily see that we could send the whole
wsse:Security as a header property as shows below and the client can
just send the whole thing back as-is. If the client has to add its own
stuff then it follows the same rules as laid out in the OASIS WSS main
spec[2] Section #5 for intermediaries. Yes, we'd have to relax the rules
for opacity such that the client can modify the wsse header block. Will
this work?

Thanks,
dims

<wsa:To>
  <wsa:Address>urn:example:bar</wsa:Address>
  <wsa:ReferenceProperties>
    <wsse:Security soap:mustUnderstand="1"
xmlns:wsse="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2003/06/secext">
	<xenc:EncryptedKey
xmlns:xenc="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#">
		<xenc:EncryptionMethod
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#rsa-1_5"/>
		<KeyInfo xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#">
			<wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
				<wsse:KeyIdentifier
ValueType="wsse:X509v3">B39R...=</wsse:KeyIdentifier>
			</wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
		</KeyInfo>
		<xenc:CipherData>

<xenc:CipherValue>pPzyO...XlM=</xenc:CipherValue>
		</xenc:CipherData>
		<xenc:ReferenceList>
			<xenc:DataReference URI="#enc-un"/>
		</xenc:ReferenceList>
	</xenc:EncryptedKey>
	<xenc:EncryptedData wsu:Id="enc-un"
Type="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#Element"
xmlns:xenc="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#">
		<xenc:EncryptionMethod
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#tripledes-cbc"/>
		<xenc:CipherData>

<xenc:CipherValue>A/ufDw...chA==</xenc:CipherValue>
		</xenc:CipherData>
	</xenc:EncryptedData>
    </wsse:Security>
  </wsa:ReferenceProperties>