Re: [whatwg] canvas drawImage and EXIF orientation metadata

From: Justin Novosad <junov@google.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 07:22:28 -0700
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: whatwg <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
+1

But why a new version of drawImage? Couldn't we just modify the existing
drawImage definition to state that it takes into account the
image-orientation property on the source image?  The default value for
image-orientation is 0deg, which corresponds to the current drawImage
behavior. So I think we can make that change to the drawImage spec without
breaking stuff, as long as we make the change while image-orientation is
still an experimental feature.