Re: [whatwg] Add a |transient| mechanism to the notifications API

On 15/04/2014 19:46, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Domenic Denicola
> <domenic@domenicdenicola.com> wrote:
>>  From my reading of Windows Phone 8.1 reviews, the way they handle this is by allowing applications to remove notifications themselves.
>
> We already have this actually:
>
> var = n = new Notification(...)
> n.onshow = () => setTimeout(() => n.close(), 7000)
>

> I guess this would be for the case where you close the window before
> that timer is able to run. Normally that would leave the notification
> in the notification center, but with say a duration member set to
> non-zero it would be removed.

It could be done this way as mentioned.
What I'm looking for is a hint for the user agent, so such notifications
can be displayed differently by the user-agent if it is the one
rendering notifications, or forwarded to the underlying platform
notifications API.