[whatwg] Re: WEB_FORMS 2.0 comment, repetition model, using reserved macro scripting syntax

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:59:07 +0200

Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, Andrew Clover wrote:
>>
>>4. Square brackets are still pretty bad. You can't have them in an
>>attribute of type ID
>
>You can, you just can't have them there if you have a DTD and a
>validating parser.

Without a DTD and a validating parser, the concept of an undefined attribute
on an undefined element having an undefined type pretty much allows you to do
whatever UA vendors happen to have implemented, yes.

- --
I have lobbied for the update and improvement of SGML. I've done it for years.
I consider it the jewel for which XML is a setting.  It does deserve a bit or
polishing now and then.                                        -- Len Bullard