[whatwg] Re: DOCTYPE shouldn't be optional

From: Malcolm Rowe <malcolm-what@farside.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:28:14 +0100
Ian Hickson writes:
>> .. and some of the DOM code, like whether anonymous elements exist in the
>> DOM, iirc.
> "Anonymous elements"?

Possibly not the correct term. Isn't it accurate to say that in HTML, a
TBODY element is only present in the DOM if it is actually present in the
source, while in XHTML, a TBODY element is created in the DOM even if it
isn't present in the source?

That was what I was thinking about when I wrote that comment, in any case.
If it's complete rubbish, apologies for the confusion.

Regards,
Malcolm