[whatwg] WEB_FORMS 2.0 comment, repetition model, using reserved macro scripting syntax

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004, Ben Meadowcroft wrote:

> I have a comment on
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/2004-06-27-call-for-comments/#repeat
> ingFormControls why not use the script macro syntax &{identifier} rather
> than the square brackets []?

It appears that in several browsers this markup is "fixed up",
unfortunately, and it would therefore not be possible to get reliable
results with it.

> I think this is a better way forward than using []'s which I have to be
> honest I don't like that much, I hope this is a useful point and hasn't
> already been covered and dismissed (I did a quick search on the
> archives). Any comments?

It's a good idea in theory! Pity we can't use it, because I don't really
like [] either.