MTI Codec

From: Matthew Kaufman (SKYPE) <matthew.kaufman@skype.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 17:02:27 +0000
To: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
As I'm sure many of the people on this list are aware, the IETF RTCWEB working group intends to make a decision regarding a mandatory-to-implement video codec for WEBRTC.

It feels to me like mandating a codec (as it is part of the browser, not a choice of on-the-wire format, already selected to be DTLS-SRTP) is really the business of this W3C Working Group, not the IETF, just as the JavaScript API is the business of this WG.

Matthew Kaufman