Re: MTI Codec

Matthew,

whatever you may "feel", the fact is that these two groups are chartered
to carry out the tasks that are defined in their charters.

The charter of RTCWEB includes this sentence:

  6.  Define a set of media formats that must or should be supported by
        a client to improve interoperability.

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/charters

The charter of the WEBRTC group does NOT include such a statement.

http://www.w3.org/2011/04/webrtc-charter.html

I was part of the discussion at the time that led to these pieces of
language. There were multiple arguments advanced, and the consensus at
that time was to specify it like this.

I will not speculate on possible motivations for wishing the locus of
the discussion changed, but I will simply note that in order to move the
discussion, you need to get consensus for a charter change in both groups.

I do not see such a consensus.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.